Jess Holle wrote:
[Yes, the Request change would still be necessary to prevent the chance of requests randomly getting their sessions passivated and recycle after they findSession() but before access().]

A session can be passivated at any (bad) time (which will screw up requests), and we already do plenty of on access checks. I don't see what it adds.

As I said, the patch ideas look fine, but I do have questions:
- Why do you really need methods named preAccess and access on the manager ? The first one seems to be designed to do swap ins while the second one keeps usage stats, so maybe this could be more elegant. Or maybe not.
- Keeping session skeletons around will eat resources. I understand this will improve performance, but is that really a good idea ? I'm asking for your experience after the change here (is memory usage much higher, etc).

Rémy