Howdy,

> Are there any plans on adding CRL support in tomcat in the near
> future?  Is anyone else looking into adding CRL support tomcat?

No to both.

> If not then I will probably take a stab at trying to implement CRL
> support in the code.  Does anyone know why CRLs were not implemented
> in the past?  Is there some fundamental issue that I am not aware of?

Probably no fundamental technical issue, just the usual combination: lack of
demand from users and lack of interest on behalf of developers.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not an expert on CRLs, but whatever you can do in a Filter (as in
javax.servlet.Filter) as opposed to in the connector itself is good, because it
means you don't have to hack Tomcat and your solution is container-portable.

Yoav