ok, that's enlightening!
many thanks,
Alistair

On 17 Mar 2005, at 10:13, Mladen Turk wrote:

Alistair Young wrote:
Was there a reason mod_jk2 was replaced with mod_jk?

Too complex, uses APR that behaves badly with Apache1.3, and lot more. Browse the mail archive for further details.

I found mod_jk2 much easier to use and it's a pity it's gone.

No it is not, but that's kind of personal opinion in any case.

Is it just looking for a maintainer?

No! Please, I'm tired of JK/JK2 discussions :). It's a dead code. There are two active connectors projects already mod_jk and mod_proxy for Apache 2.2

When AJP14 protocol gets accepted we'll probably have a third one,
so that's enough, thought.

Were there advantages of mod_jk2 over mod_jk?

None.

If you *really* like JK2 code, it's a BSD license, so you can
do with it what ever you wish, just don't call it Apache or Jakarta.

Regards,
Mladen.