Mladen Turk wrote:

Günter Knauf wrote:

Hi Mladen,
Also I would like to mention that I'm probably way more frustrated about those banana patches than you cause I reported that compiler bug directly to the Novell manager who was reponsible for Metrowerks connection years ago, I even wrote a sample to demonstrate the problem; and after that three more versions of the stupid compiler were released and they from Metrowerks werre not able to fix it!!!!

Hmmmm.... Metrowerks used to be good back when I used it (early PowerPC Mac days).

It was stricter than most compilers -- perhaps even causing some warnings to be errors. I understand how this can cause issues building open source software, but for my own development I always appreciated the compiler being stricter than others -- it made porting a lot easier. [I now use Java and am dismayed at what C compilers let you get away with.]

--
Jess Holle