Tim Funk wrote:
Looks good. Just an idea, it may be nice to have the 3 new lists

tomcat-bug - bug updates from bugzilla. When I subscribe to other groups tomcat-cvs - Same as tomcat-bug but just for cvs commits.
tomcat-gump - For deaths by gump. If your not a committer - these are

This has been debated many times :-), maybe this time it'll succeed.
The typical argument for keeping it all in one place is that it may force people to read them instead of filtering the out with the mail app. It would be nice to split it - it'll be much easier to read tomcat-dev ( including in blogs.gmane.org ).

Regarding CVS move - are we going to just change the name of the roots ( s/jakarta/apache/ ) or should we do a bit more reorg, to make it easier when we move to svn ? The current layout is based on a lot of 'historic' reasons that no longer apply. For 3.x and 4.x - of course it makes sense to just keep the trees as they are.

Costin

-Tim

Remy Maucherat wrote:

Hi,

Here's a new draft with the necessary updates.

I suppose this needs to be sent to the PMC for approval. If this draft is ok, I will send it there.

Then there are infrastructure taks:
- renaming mailing lists
- moving CVS
- new DNS and virtual host