Hey,

the problem is arround the keep a live handling code and the auto reconnect at SimpleTcpCluster.
One thread can say: I drop the connection and open new one, then start transfer message and wait for ack.
Other thread comes and see ups. the connection is not there. ( Arrg missing sychronized). I open a new socket and close the old current use socket.
Under Suse Linux 9.1, the first thread wait for keepAlive timeout (60 sec). BAD!!!

=>
Asnyc mode the queue grow very fast.
Sometimes all other nodes have the same problem and the complete cluster standing still..... Nothing todo wait for ACK

I am made very limited testing the effects at sync,pooled mode. I preferred the async modes.

I have merge my fix at the 5.5.10 CVS Head Basis. Currently my customer start a weekend load test.
I also merge the changes at 5.5.9 Basis. Both version needs testing and documentation, but my time
and ressource are limited. Need help, setup clusters and start loading tests.

I start to open a bug report for better community discussion and add my fix pack for testing.
build-src
bin pack

I must review my changes and document my szenario.

Than Filip can start to review the changes and testing  the clustering.
Thanks for you help. :-)

My customers needs the new 5.5.9 Release. The best thing is, we package a
separate patch-cluster-fix and mark 5.5.9 as beta.

Peter

Filip Hanik - Dev Lists schrieb:

Hi Peter, what's up with the cluster code?
I will have some time to load test and debug any problems you might have, also, do you have problems on the synced-pooled setting, or on all connectors?

Filip