If no one else weighs in on the root issue in a day or so, and you disagree with this change, I'll be happy to roll it back and/or backport 5.5 head of tree in its place.

Keith

Remy Maucherat wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

keith       2005/04/18 13:20:46

Modified: catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/authenticator Tag:
TOMCAT_5_0 AuthenticatorBase.java
Log:
[34083 et al] For webapps with security constraints, we default to sending
headers to disable caching. This is well-intentioned but IE will not open
office documents under SSL with the Pragma header. Remove the Pragma
header and change the Cache-Control to private based on comments in
the many bugs about this and my reading of the 1.1 spec.

Since we're on the subject, the 5.0.x branch is supposed to be stable. Changes which might break things are not a good idea.

Rémy