I'll try running the same jmeter test plan on apache2 this weekend,
but I'm guessing the difference will be minimal.  based on the results
for the static file benchmarks, the delta between 1.3.x and 2.x wasn't
significant. I think those numbers are in the excel spreadsheet I
posted

http://people.apache.org/~woolfel/tc_results.html

if the results aren't in the spreadsheet I'll try to dig up the
numbers for 1.3.  I could be wrong, but the difference between httpd
1.3 and 2.0 was about 30-35%

peter