Remy Maucherat wrote:
Jason Brittain wrote:

Nope:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9]# bin/catalina.sh start
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /home/jbrittain/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /home/jbrittain/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/jbrittain/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/temp
Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/local/kaffe

[EMAIL PROTECTED] jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9]# cd logs
[EMAIL PROTECTED] logs]# more catalina.out
WARNING: System property "java.util.logging.manager" should be the name of a subclass of java.util.logging.LogManager

If for some reason the java.util.logging impl isn't compatible with classpath, remove it (delete tomcat-juli.jar).

Okay. I did that, and tried it again. Now it doesn't give that warning, but Tomcat still fails to run in the same way.

For the rest, install the compat package.

You must not have read the paragraph in my last email that said:

"... And, this is *with* Tomcat's compat package installed properly."

--
Jason Brittain