Peter Rossbach wrote:

Are you sure this is absolute necessity?
But at cluster the session are replicated, and we must not wait. Please, can we
add a flag active=false/true to test my idea. What do you thing I can start
a quick experiment and send you the diffs for reviewing?

Well I'm -0 on the subject, because I think it's useless. You can of course commit what you think is appropriate, of course if that will not break the existing functionality.

I think that the desired functionality can be achieved with status
worker that will put the worker in error and disabled state at once,
but of course you can add a new flag for that.

IMO adding that 'active' flag to the workers.properties will only
rise the fuzziness regarding to the 'disabled' flag.

Once more, all the features you are searching for, can be achieved
using the current configuration. Simply use the JMX and pause your
node.

But if you think that is realy needed then rename the 'disable' to
be the function of your proposed 'active' and add a new flag 'standby'
or 'pause' that will act as current negation of the disabled flag.

Regards, Mladen.