On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 12:57:12AM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 06:38 AM 4/25/2005, Mladen Turk wrote:
> >Peter Rossbach wrote:
> >>that is a very shot time period for testing.
> >
> >Well, some of the things are really critical, so that's the reason.
>
> I think that 1.2.8/1.2.9 proved that haste creates this churn.
>
> Once 1.2.11 is ready, isn't it sufficient to point users at that
> test version for 2 - 4 weeks, until it truly settles out?  Nothing
> but critical/proven bug fixes between .11 and .12?
>
> If they couldn't get the code I'd agree with the fast turnaround,
> but once 1.2.11 exists, the point is, they can.

We may want to consider use of a 1.3 development branch for new
features. I have noticed that there have been significant new features
added between releases of mod_jk 1.2.

Then users can depend on the 1.2 production branch for a feature
stable backward compatible connector.

Then we can play around in the 1.3 branch with new features rather
than have feature creep in the production branch.

Regards,

Glenn