Remy Maucherat wrote:
jean-frederic clere wrote:

Remy Maucherat wrote:

but http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/default-servlet.html tells about fileEncoding:
+++
File encoding to be used when reading static resources. [platform default]
+++
My "platform default" is OSD_EBCDIC_DF04_1 I have no chances to convince the users to use UTF-8 for text files! and httpd (apache-1.3) it is serving those files correctly.

Do you mean it has the same kind of ugly check for text files, and the same kind of file encoding option, and the same reencoding ?

I won't tell it ugly, but yes the text file are in EBCDIC in the machine and converted to ASCII before beeing send to the browsers.

What about converting the files when reading them?

No. I contend resources must be served as is in the default operation mode of DefaultServlet. If you disagree with that, you can use a filter, right ?

I will try to solve the problem with a filter.

Rémy