Mladen Turk wrote:
Costin Manolache wrote:

I'm still trying to understand the APR connector, but from what I see it is still mapping one socket ( 'keep alive' connection ) per thread.

No it doesn't. If the connection is keep-alive, and there is no activity
for 100ms, the socket is put in the poller, and that thread is freed.
When the next data on that socket arrives, the socket is signaled and
passed to the thread pool.

Mladen.

Sorry, I missed that. So we can have as many 'keep alive' idle as we want - only those active are taking threads ? Which file implements this ( the 100ms timeout and poller ) ? I assume this is only done in the APR connector, or is it implemented in java as well ( nio ) ? .