Hi,

> So basically (from the Servlet end), a JspServlet is initialized, this
> creates a RuntimeContext. Then, when the service is invoked it looks
> for some JspServletWrapper already associated with this .jsp in this
> context. If none exist, it creates  JspServletWrapper which is a less
> servlet-styled Jsp compiler. This wrapper then contains a
> CompileContext, which presumably does the grunt-work of parsing and
> compiling the .jsp?

Important distinction: JspServlet typically gets created and initialized
once, upon webapp startup.  Your other things above may be done per-JSP.

Is there a book covering this?  I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

Yoav Shapira
System Design and Management Fellow
MIT Sloan School of Management
Cambridge, MA