Hi, I noticed that the code for the connection pooling had been changed, but
I can see that theres a copy and paste error here, the if statement checks
for 'ctx' being null twice, instead of checking for ds being null the second
time. As you can see in the code I copied off the page:

InitialContext cxt = new InitialContext();
if ( cxt == null ) {
   throw new Exception("Uh oh -- no context!");
}

DataSource ds = (DataSource) cxt.lookup( "java:/comp/env/jdbc/postgres" );

if ( cxt == null ) {
   throw new Exception("Data source not found!");
}

A small error, but might cause problems for people copying it. :D

Robert Clarkson
Broadmedia Technology