----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: svn commit: r232600 -
/tomcat/watchdog/branches/tc3.3.x/WARNING.txt

> Mark Thomas wrote:
> > Bill Barker wrote:
> >
> >> As a historical note, this really should be the tc3.2.x branch.  This
> >> particular watchdog has never worked well with any TC 3.3.x, since it
> >> has a lot of bugs related to specific implementation details of TC
> >> 3.2.x (and, the Watchdog committers mostly moved on to TC 4.0.x during
> >> the Great Flame Wars, so it couldn't be fixed by TC 3.3.x committers
:).

> > Thanks for the clarification. I'll change it. That's once of the nice
> > things about subversion - renames (files or directories) are easy and
> > you keep the history.
>
> Bill,
>
> I have taken another look at the repository. There is a separate
> tomcat_32 branch so I assumed that the old HEAD in CVS must have been
> for 3.3.x (even if not much was done with it). Is this assumption
> correct? If not, what is the correct interpretation?

Actually, I haven't been here that long  ;-).  Maybe Larry or Costin can
remember why Watchdog was branched.  It was pretty much dead by the time I
joined tomcat-dev.  All I know is that it needs quite a few patches to work
with TC 3.3.x.

> As part of the migration to a TLP we will need to put together our own
> version control and download pages (rather than use the Jakarta ones).
> I plan to include an explanation of the SVN structure in the version
> control page. I can include additional information such your note
> above in this explanation.
>
> Cheers,
>
> mark

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the
intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or
distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of
this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through
the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information,
such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification
numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.