William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Folks, as Tomcat is now (IIUC) a TLP, is it time to break apart the
single dumping ground, fondly known as tomcat-dev, into multiple
lists for folks with more targeted issues?  E.g.

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     - our friend, this list
  [EMAIL PROTECTED] - svn/cvs commits
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  - bugzilla/jira reports

Right now, we have dev, user, and that's it. We need pmc too. I don't care personally about commits and issues (personally, I don't care, I have separate mail filters for the commits).

I don't monitor the bugzilla noise

This takes a whole new meaning for me now.

as an email stream much, but want to continue to actively monitor cvs
commits, and development chatter.  I can see some [EMAIL PROTECTED] types who
would be interested in following [EMAIL PROTECTED], but who have little to
no interest in watching commits@ fly by.

So I, for one, would be most appreciative of splitting the traffic; I already do split it in my email client, but I think this would be a
help to many participants.  [Especially if, for example, you want the
dev@ traffic to go to a higher priority email account, and have the
commits/issues type traffic hit your lower priority account.]

Of course, but also fewer people will care about bug reports.

Rémy