There was a thread a while back about where to place
application specific jar files.  I read the thread but
the solution has not worked.

I have a jar file (myApp.jar)

I have tomcat 3.2 running

I place myApp.jar in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib  it works!
   (but I don't want it to live there)

I place myApp.jar in webapps/myApp/WEB-INF/classes
   (it does not work unjarred or jarred)

I place myApp.jar in webapps/myApp/WEB-INF/lib
   (it does not work unjarred or jarred)

1.  What's up do I need to do something to server.xml or web.xml ?

2.  It is true that once this works, if I update the myApp.jar file
    I won't need to restart tomcat ?  (unlike if I do it the 1st way)

thanks to anyone who can help!!!

mike