Matt Goss wrote:
> <servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-name>router</servlet-name>
>     <url-pattern>/*</urlpattern>
> </servlet-mapping>
>
> the idea is that I should be able to request the file test.jsp and have
> the router servlet pick up the request (to test for a login)...but the
> servlet never gets the request... the test.jsp page just comes right
> up.... grrrrr...

I had a similar problem - you might want to try the following:

<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>router</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/</urlpattern>
</servlet-mapping>

AFAIK that's how you do it according to the servlet spec... IIRC using the
postfix "/*" only works on paths below root, i.e. "/somedir/*"...

--
Kurt Pruenner - Haendelstrasse 17, 4020 Linz, Austria | Briareos at Olymp BBS:
http://www.mp3.com/Leak http://www.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at | ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]