Did you build from source?

If so, did you have the JSSE jars in the classpath when you did that?

Regards, Stefan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Xia, Alex [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 21. nóvember 2000 22:28
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Critical Bug: SSL failed for Tomcat 3.2 Beta 8

I have installed Tomcat 3.2 Beta 8 on NT and made the following change
server.xml to enable SSL:

        <Connector
className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"

value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port"
                value="443"/>
            <Parameter name="socketFactory"
                value="org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory" />
            <Parameter name="secure"
                value="true" />
        </Connector>

And I have followed the instruction to create SSL certificate.

The same exact configuration worked for Tomcat 3.2 Beta 5.

However, when I tried to access my jsp, I got the following error on the
server:

java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label
syntax is
inc
orrect
        at java.io.Win32FileSystem.canonicalize(Native Method)
        at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java:441)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.FileUtil.safePath(FileUtil.java,
Compiled
Code
)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.getRealPath(Context.java:794)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.request.StaticInterceptor.requestMap(StaticIntercep
tor.java:191)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.processRequest(ContextManager.j
ava, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.
java:771)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnectio
n(HttpConnectionHandler.java:210)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java,
 Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java
, Compiled Code)
2000-11-21 05:18:48 - Ctx(  ): 404 R(  +
? ?

 + null) null

It seems like Tomcat did not decript the URL for SSL thus creating the
problem.

I would say this is a critical bug.

Thanks,

Alex X. Xia