<jsp:cdata> is currently not supported in tomcat-4.0.
You can either put the template data directly in the
jsp page, or you can simply use the standard XML tag
for CDATA: <![CDATA[... ]]>.

Give it a try and let me know.

Please report any JSP page in XML syntax that does not
work (except for the <jsp:cdata>). I'll make sure
the proper fixes are committed.

    -- Pierre