Hello everyone!

After three days I succeeded in running Tomcat 3.2 beta 8, Apache 1.3.14 and
Cocoon 1.8 on Win NT!
Now I hope I have not overlooked something and that it IS working right. For
now it does.

My configuration has the following features:

- Tomcat 3.2 beta 8
- Apache 1.3.14
- Cocoon 1.8
- mod_jk
- no port 8080 (Thanks to Dima and Robin: jkMount /*.xml, I hope this is
right? I can get http://localhost/cocoon/Cocoon.xml)
- ajp13 (next to ajp12)
- Tomcat running as NT Service or in DOS-prompt with Cocoon (I solved the
jar-sequence-problem by recreating the jars from
  Tomcat under NT)
- Both Tomcat and Apache are running as an 'Automatic' service at the
startup of NT. To avoid Apache from starting before Tomcat
  (I know this is nescessary in the DOS-prompt, but also in the NT Service?
I think so.) I made Apache dependent on Tomcat, which
  does the trick.

Now the question: Is it possible to have the cocoonfiles in different
directory's under 'htdocs' in Apache and make Tomcat handle the
whole 'htdocs' tree? I have tried Mr. Schneider's approach, but I could not
get it to work.

Now all there is to do for me is to make everything work with Nuance
Voyager...

If anyone has any questions, answers, remarks or suggestions, pleas let me
know!

Martin Bouman
TeleCats BV
The Netherlands