Hi Jon,
Thanks for your response.

There probably is more than 64K of code in a single method since all the
generated code is put into the _jspService method. But if this is the
limitation why does it work when I manually compile the class using JDK1.3? -
actually producing a larger class file. (But not when Tomcat/Jasper
automatically compiles it under JDK1.3).

Is this 64K limit a built in Java limitation?

Or is it a platform specific problem?  ie. a Win32 problem.

Anyone have any suggestions to get around it?

Thanks
Duncan

Jon Skeet wrote:

> > I have seen in the archives several posts detailing the same problem.
> > However I could find no response. Hence I'm posting again.
> >
> > OS - Win NT 4 sp6a
> > Suns JDK 1.2.1
> > Tomcat 3.2 final
> >
> > The error occurs with JSP pages with a large number (250+) of taglib
> > actions.
> > The java source file is generated (500k). The class file is also
> > generated (90k).
> > When the page is accessed you get the java.lang.VerifyError.
>
> My guess is that this could be something to do with methods not being able
> to contain more than 64K of code. How much of the generated source file
> is in one method?
>
> Jon

Duncan Reade
TecSys Infopartners S.A.