Matthew Preston wrote:

> I'm need to create a simple tool for Tomcat so that I can see how many users
> have active sessions for the available Contexts.  e.g. how many sessions are
> active for /admin with details for each.
>
> Rather than reinventing the wheel I was wondering if someone has already
> created such a beast - it seems like useful tool to have.

Under a servlet 2.2 environment (Tomcat 3.x), it is not feasible to write such a
generic tool without some help by your application (the login process adds an
object to the session that implements HttpSessionBindingListener that keeps a
local collection of active sessions), or writing custom extensions to Tomcat.

Under a servlet 2.3 environment (Tomcat 4.x), you can use an application event
listener to do stuff like this in a generic way.

> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
> Matt

Craig McClanahan