I am a linux newbie so this might be a stupid question but...
I have linux 6.2 installed (using Redhat).
I have Apache 1.3.14 running well.
I have JDK 1.3 installed and working.
Now to get to where I want to be, I want to get Tomcat 3.2 running with
Apache. There are no RPM's for it as of last night (at least not at
redhat.com) and I do not want to mess with the older version. Can I install
the unix tars from apache.org on my system without building it myself? I
would assume there are system specific things that would require a rebuild
but I really do not want to deal with that right now. How long does it
normally take to get RPMs on redhat.com for something like this?
Any advice would be appreciated.
thanks,
dt