I have some legacy code that uses its own non-jsp tag
system.

The following is my web.xml file put in

webapps/myapp/WEB-INF dir

The attempt is to map files with the extension *.msp
to the RouterServlet.  Unfortunately this is not
happening, if I goto the directory and do an msp file
it lists it as text.  I then tried to do the same with
the entire directory (hence the second mapping).

What else do I need?  What am I doing wrong?  (This
used to use JServ ApJServAction but I'm attempting to
move to Tomcat3.2 and the new connector) and migrate
toward a standard system.

Please note I've genericised all filenames/ips in
this.  If there is a site called myorg.com, I'm not
affilliated with it.  I was trying to be generic.

Thanks,

-Andy

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application 2.2//EN"
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd">

<web-app>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            RouterServlet
        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
            com.myorg.servlet.RouterServlet
        </servlet-class>
        <init-param>

<param-name>handlers_classpath</param-name>

<param-value>com.myorg.servlet</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
                <param-name>handlers</param-name>
                <param-value>
Article,Index,Default,Previous,Image,SendFriend,Poll</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
                <param-name>pools</param-name>
                <param-value>pools</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
                <param-name>pool_url</param-name>

<param-value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.1.2:1521:MYDB</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
                <param-name>pool_max_conn</param-name>
                <param-value>20</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>

<param-name>pool_max_checkout</param-name>
                <param-value>10</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
                <param-name>realfiledir</param-name>

<param-value>/usr/local/apache/virtual/myorg.com/htdocs</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
                <param-name>thread</param-name>
                <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>

<param-name>thread_interval</param-name>
                <param-value>300</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
                <param-name>debug</param-name>
                <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </servlet>
        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>
                        RouterServlet
                </servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>
                        /myorg.com/*
                </url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>
                        RouterServlet
                </servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>
                        /myorg.com/*.msp
                </url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

    <taglib>
        <taglib-uri>

http://java.apache.org/tomcat/examples-taglib
        </taglib-uri>
        <taglib-location>
           /WEB-INF/jsp/example-taglib.tld
        </taglib-location>
    <taglib>

    <security-constraint>
      <web-resource-collection>
         <web-resource-name>Protected
Area</web-resource-name>
         <!-- Define the context-relative URL(s) to be
protected -->

<url-pattern>/jsp/security/protected/*</url-pattern>
         <!-- If you list http methods, only those
methods are protected -->
         <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
         <http-method>GET</http-method>
         <http-method>POST</http-method>
         <http-method>PUT</http-method>
      </web-resource-collection>
      <auth-constraint>
         <!-- Anyone with one of the listed roles may
access this area -->
         <role-name>tomcat</role-name>
         <role-name>role1</role-name>
      </auth-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

    <!-- Default login configuration uses BASIC
authentication -->
    <login-config>
      <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
      <realm-name>Example Basic Authentication
Area</realm-name>
    </login-config>

    <!-- If you want to experiment with form-based
logins, comment
         out the <login-config> element above and
replace it with
         this one.  Note that we are currently using a
nonstandard
         authentication method, because the code to
support form
         based login is incomplete and only lightly
tested.  -->
    <!--
    <login-config>
      <auth-method>EXPERIMENTAL_FORM</auth-method>
      <realm-name>Example Form-Based Authentication
Area</realm-name>
      <form-login-config>

<form-login-page>/jsp/security/login/login.jsp</form-login-page>

<form-error-page>/jsp/security/login/error.jsp</form-error-page>
      </form-login-config>
    </login-config>
    -->

</web-app>