Dan Malks wrote:

> FYI, if I do not set CATALINA_HOME explicitly and run the script from the bin
>directory
> underneath it, I get the exceptions described earlier.
>
> Not sure what the problem is, but it sounds like this is unexpected behavior.

Ugh, the logic to run from within the "bin" directory has not yet been ported from the
Windows version of the startup script.  I'll fix that before the next release.

In the mean time, you must either set CATALINA_HOME explicitly, or you must run from
within
the distribution directory (by running "./bin/startup.sh").

> Thanks,
> -dm

Craig