Thank you for the fast turnaround :-)
I'll try it out.

Barbara.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2000 1:44 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED] org'
Subject: Re: Tomcat 3.2 - Default web.xml not being read

> > Given that the default web.xml is not being read, how do you enable
Jikes as
> > the JspCompiler?  That setting used to be in web.xml.  What's the syntax
> > specify it in server.xml, or did we lose this functionality for Tomcat
3.2?
> > (If so, could it be put back, or define a syntax in server.xml for it?).
>
> I'll try to write a small interceptor that sets the compiler and other
> options for jasper ( probably next week it'll be ready ). ( that will not
> require a new release of tomcat - you just install the interceptor in the
> classpath and add it to tomcat.jar ).

Ok, I don't think it'll be ready next week - you can use it today, it took
10 minutes to write and test :-)

You can set all the options that jasper knows - compile the interceptor (
you need tomcat jars in CLASSPATH ), add it to CLASSPATH, and then
add in your server.xml ( after WebXmlReader ):

        <ContextInterceptor
            className="tc3.JasperOptions"
            keepGenerated="true"
            jspCompilerPlugin="org.apache.jasper.compiler.JikesJavaCompiler"
        />

( run javadoc and read all other options you can set ).
It should work with any tomcat 3.2 - in 3.3 there is already one
( JspInterceptor ) that does a much better integration ( and is faster
than the servlet used in 3.2 ).

Costin