Hi All,
I am running Tomcat 3.1 on an AIX 4.0 machine with JDK1.2.2
in stand-alone mode. When I connect to the application,
make a request that starts off a database operation, find it
running too long and stop the loading of the page in the browser,
I find that I cannot make any further successful requests to
the application.

I do a 'netstat -a | grep <port-number>' and I find an entry
with a status of 'CLOSE_WAIT' in addition to one in 'LISTEN'
status. This CLOSE_WAIT 'connection' stays that way for a long
time and all subsequent connections do not return information
to the browser and killing them only adds to the list of
CLOSE_WAITS.

Does anyone have any idea how to correct this situation?

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Sanka