I was not calling close() on some database connections. That may have been
the problem. It's hard to tell because in the course of fixing that I
created some other problems that I'm still in the middle of debugging. If
any useful information emerges, I'll let y'all know.

I can say that previously, when the applications were displaying the bad
behavior I described in my original message, there were no error messages
in the console.

Ethan

>> I have restarted Tomcat again this morning, and all the material that was
>> in the logs is no longer there (since the restart). That seems a little
>> weird. Is that normal?
>
>Yeah. I'm not sure if I like that either.
>
>> Anyway, I recall that none of them had anything that looked like an error
>> message. The jasper log recorded a series of requests and the parameters
>> that were sent. The servlet log just had a series of about 15 entries that
>> began with
>
>This was my stupid, java errors show up on the console you started tomcat
>on, not in the error log. Sorry about that.
>
>> Meanwhile, I'll explore this dropped database connection concept. Maybe
>> there's something to that.
>
>I actually have two seperate errors regarding DB stuff but I haven't had
>time to track them down yet. If you can, check your tomcat startup console
>to see what happens.
>
>(And let me know what happens, too, 'cuz maybe it'll help me out :D
>
>Dave

Ethan Michaels
Graphics

METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION
Transportation planning, financing, and
coordinating for the San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.mtc.ca.gov/