Also...403 error sometimes is caused when you do not allow the proper permissions on the work directory where the jsp's are compiled Todd -----Original Message----- From: NSB)Hiroshi Kasamatsu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2000 1:11 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: 403 forbidden in tomcat-apache In advance,apache needs to be compiled with ./configure --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE --enable-module=so. Parvez wrote: > hi, > > i have installed tomcat 3.2.1, with apache 1.3.12 on a linux machine. > it works perfectly fine on port 8080, but when i include it with > apache conf (i.e. tomcat-apache.conf) and try to access the same jsp/servlet > file, it gives 403 forbidden error. > my http user in apache is "nobody:nobody" and my htdocs is conrolled by "admin". > can someone tell me, where the problem is? > thanks in advance. > > parvez