Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 9:51 AM
Subject: RE: gracefull shutdown/removal of worker from load balance...

We've got the load balancer working just fine, but had to patch mod_jk in order to allow for the removal of TC worker from the pool.

I've added a setting called 'active' for each worker. When active is set to 0, the worker will not accept new connections, but continue with the existing sessions. (This allows us to remove the Tomcat box with no loss of users session info...)

I submitted the patch, but have heard nothing back. If you (or anyone else) is interested I will post it.

Michael R. Kuz
Developer
Service Intelligence
(403) 261-5000 ext. 363