Hi,
I`m using tomcat 3.2.1, Win 2000 and I tried to configure a servlet (Header, displays
just all received Header information) with basic authentication. I changed the web.xml
as followed:

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            Header
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
            /protected/Header
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
                <security-constraint>
                        <web-resource-collection>
                                <web-resource-name>Birtes Protected
Area</web-resource-name>
                                <url-pattern>/protected/*</url-pattern>
                                <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
                                <http-method>GET</http-method>
                                <http-method>POST</http-method>
                                <http-method>PUT</http-method>
                        </web-resource-collection>
                        <auth-constraint>
                                <role-name>tomcat</role-name>
                        </auth-constraint>
                </security-constraint>

    <login-config>
      <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
      <realm-name>Birte</realm-name>
    </login-config>

That works (http://localhost/myApp/protected/Header). But if I enter
http://localhost/myApp/servlet/Header I also get the servlet but without
authentication. Why and what must I do that the servlet is only available with the
first URL.

Thanks Birte