Rajas wrote:

> Hi All,
> Got a small Query for you all, Like JSP , is hot deploymennt of java beans
> possible in Tomcat??
> For eg. If I am using a bean in my jsp and suppose if I make some changes in
> the .java file of the bean and recomplie it,will these cahnges in the bean
> be effected without restarting the tomcat server????

Tomcat 3.x does not always pick up changes in beans.

Tomcat 4.0 will reload your application if bean (or servlet classes) have been
changed after they were used, AND those classes are in the WEB-INF/classes
directory (*not* under WEB-INF/lib or in the shared $CATALINA_HOME/lib
directory).  It checks every 15 seconds for changed classes, and reloads your
app when that occurs.

> Please help,
> Thanking you in Advance.
> Regards,