Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: Tomcat process management using ps

Mark Koscak wrote:
Hello everyone, I am running Jakarta-Tomcat 3.2 When I have a look at my system processes (ps -aux) after starting tomcat, there are eighteen (18) separate process id's  the associated command being /usr/locak/jdk1.3 Each process apparently consuming 15.4% of memory. 18 * 15.4%  = 277.2% How can this be? Also (ok I'm being lazy on this one) when starting tomcat can I prune the instances of the command /usr/local/jdk1.3 to say 8-10 instead of having 18. Thanks for any input. RegardsMark
The Linux "ps" command lies to you.  It makes individual threads look like they are separate processes.  There is only one process (assuming you started only one), all sharing the same memory.

Craig McClanahan