Hi, I'm brand new to Tomcat.

I'm trying to figure out:

1. Directory for frequently changing servlet classes
2. Directory for infrequently changing servlet classes
3. How to invoke a servlet in the above.

I seems that if
   1. I put MyServlet.class file in "install_dir/webpages"
   2. stop/restart the tomcat server
   3. Invoke servlet by http://tomcat-server:8080/servlet/MyServlet

it works.

Questions:

1. I've looked through the server.xml file and do not see how 'servlet' gets
mapped to /webpages. How does it?
2. Assuming that "install_dir/webpages" is the directory for 'frequently
changing servlet classes', what is the other 'default' directory'.

Thanks,

David Rourke
Talius