Hello.

I'd appreciate some advice from the pro's on what hardware to buy for a
certain web application. The system in question is a commerce system based
on JDK 1.3, TomCat, Apache and MySQL, run on Red Hat Linux 6.2 (we need to
stick to that OS and version.) and is built as servlets.

The system is targeted towards max 1000 users, probably max 100 concurrent
users.
The requirements are that it should be failsafe (i.e. replica server2
replaces server1 on crash)
and it should be fully recoverable in event of total crash.

So, my questions are really:
- What kind of hardware is required to meet the demands of the user load?
(1000 users, 100 max concurrent)

- How does one set up the replication between the servers?
- How to determine (and switch) the servers in the event of a crash?
- Any ideas on how to do the backup system required for this?

I'd be thankful for some advice on this....

/Christopher Cato