Tomcat 3.2 does not read the conf/web.xml file.  You must put your changes
in your webapps WEB-INF/web.xml file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Fritchman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2001 3:56 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Has extension mapping changed in 3.2?

I had been using an extension mapping to serve XML
files in Tomcat 3.1 via my own servlet.  I just
downloaded 3.2, and it no longer seems to work (Tomcat
returns the file, but it doesn't go through my
servlet).  I have the following stuff in Tomcat's
conf\web.xml file at the appropriate places, the same
as I had it in the 3.1 web.xml:

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            XMLFileServlet
        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
            com.mycompany.XMLFileServlet
        </servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            XMLFileServlet
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
            *.xml
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>
            xml
        </extension>
        <mime-type>
            text/xml
        </mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

This did the trick in 3.1, but I seem to be out of
luck now.  Has anything changed in 3.2 that requires
something different or additional to get an extension
mapping to work?

Thanks,
Barry