From: Shicheng TIAN(CMS) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2001 6:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Installing Tomcat on Windows 2000

Colleagues,
I have downloaded the file jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1.zip from
"http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.1/bin/" and
tried
install it onto my PC; several colleagues from the list have tried to
advice me to get around the problems I have, but so far tomcat still doesn't
work with me!

The problem is: whenever issuing the commend: "tomcat run", I always got
following errors:
>D:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\bin>tomcat run
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
>java.util.Miss
>ingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name
>org.apache.tomcat.resource
>s.LocalStrings, locale en_GB
>        at
>java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle
>.java:707)
>        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:679)
>        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:546)
>        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.StringManager.<init>(StringManager.java:115)
>        at
>org.apache.tomcat.util.StringManager.getManager(StringManager.java:26
>0)
???
So what is this error message about and how to get around it???

Thanks for your advice in advance!

Shicheng