Hi
actually I'm not a crack in this stuff, but maybe this will help you. This
worked with Jserv, with tomcat I have a problem with the definition of
virtual hosts in file server.xml (no documentation)

regards Markus

In httpd.conf I have inserted:

#  When we also provide SSL we have to listen to the
#  standard HTTP port (see above) and to the HTTPS port
#
Listen 80
Listen 443

---------
# Section 3: Virtual Hosts
---------
#
# VirtualHost: If you want to maintain multiple domains/hostnames on your
# machine you can setup VirtualHost containers for them.
# Please see the documentation at <URL:http://www.apache.org/docs/vhosts/>
# for further details before you try to setup virtual hosts.
# You may use the command line option '-S' to verify your virtual host
# configuration.

#
# If you want to use name-based virtual hosts you need to define at
# least one IP address (and port number) for them.
#
NameVirtualHost 10.1.1.74:80
NameVirtualHost 10.1.1.74:443

---------
# Section 4: SSL Global Context
---------
#
#  All SSL configuration in this context applies both to
#  the main server and all SSL-enabled virtual hosts.
#

#
#   Some MIME-types for downloading Certificates and CRLs
#
# <IfDefine SSL>
AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
AddType application/x-pkcs7-crl    .crl

#
#   Disable SSL. Usefull in combination with virtual hosts
#
SSLEngine off

#
#   Pass Phrase Dialog:
#   Configure the pass phrase gathering process.
#   The filtering dialog program (`builtin' is a internal
#   terminal dialog) has to provide the pass phrase on stdout.
#
SSLPassPhraseDialog  builtin

#
# Set the session cache timeout, in seconds (set to 15 for testing, use a
# higher value in real life)
#
#SSLSessionCacheTimeout 15

#
#   Semaphore:
#   Configure the path to the mutual explusion semaphore the
#   SSL engine uses internally for inter-process synchronization.
#
SSLMutex  sem

#
#   Pseudo Random Number Generator (PRNG):
#   Configure one or more sources to seed the PRNG of the
#   SSL library. The seed data should be of good random quality.
#   WARNING! On some platforms /dev/random blocks if not enough entropy
#   is available. This means you then cannot use the /dev/random device
#   because it would lead to very long connection times (as long as
#   it requires to make more entropy available). But usually those
#   platforms additionally provide a /dev/urandom device which doesn't
#   block. So, if available, use this one instead. Read the mod_ssl User
#   Manual for more details.
#
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin

#
#   Logging:
#   The home of the dedicated SSL protocol logfile. Errors are
#   additionally duplicated in the general error log file.  Put
#   this somewhere where it cannot be used for symlink attacks on
#   a real server (i.e. somewhere where only root can write).
#   Log levels are (ascending order: higher ones include lower ones):
#   none, error, warn, info, trace, debug.
#
SSLLog      logs/ssl_engine_log
SSLLogLevel info

#
# Set the CA certificate verification path (must be PEM encoded).
# (in addition to getenv("SSL_CERT_DIR"), I think).
#
#SSLCACertificatePath /usr/local/etc/apache/apache_1.3.1/SSLconf/conf

#
# Set the CA certificate verification file (must be PEM encoded).
# (in addition to getenv("SSL_CERT_FILE"), I think).
#
SSLCACertificateFile D:\WebSpace\ApacheSSL\conf\ssl.crt\swisskey.crt

#
# Point SSLCertificateFile at a PEM encoded certificate.
# If the certificate is encrypted, then you will be prompted for a pass
phrase.
# Note that a kill -1 will prompt again.
# A test certificate can be generated with "make certificate".
#
SSLCertificateFile D:\WebSpace\ApacheSSL\conf\ssl.crt\snakeoil-rsa.crt

#
# If the key is not combined with the certificate, use this directive to
# point at the key file. If this starts with a '/' it specifies an absolute
# path, otherwise it is relative to the default certificate area. That is,
it
# means "<default>/private/<keyfile>".
#
SSLCertificateKeyFile D:\WebSpace\ApacheSSL\conf\ssl.key\snakeoil-rsa.key

#
# Set SSLVerifyClient to: none / optional / require
#
#
SSLVerifyClient optional

#
# How deeply to verify before deciding they don't have a valid certificate
#
#SSLVerifyDepth 1
SSLVerifyDepth 10

#
# Translate the client X509 into a Basic authorisation. This means that the
# standard Auth/DBMAuth methods can be used for access control. The user
name
# is the "one line" version of the client's X509 certificate. Note that no
# password is obtained from the user. Every entry in the user file needs
this
# password: xxj31ZMTZzkVA. See the code for further explanation.
#
SSLOptions +FakeBasicAuth

#
# List the ciphers that the client is permitted to negotiate. See the
source
# for a definitive list. For example:
#
#SSLRequiredCiphers RC4-MD5:RC4-SHA:IDEA-CBC-MD5:DES-CBC3-SHA

#
# These two can be used per-directory to require or ban ciphers. Note that
(at
# least in the current version) Apache-SSL will not attempt to renegotiate
if a
# cipher is banned (or not required).
#
#SSLRequireCipher
#SSLBanCipher

#
#   SSL Protocol Adjustments:
#   The safe and default but still SSL/TLS standard compliant shutdown
#   approach is that mod_ssl sends the close notify alert but doesn't wait
for
#   the close notify alert from client. When you need a different shutdown
#   approach you can use one of the following variables:
#   o ssl-unclean-shutdown:
#     This forces an unclean shutdown when the connection is closed, i.e.
no
#     SSL close notify alert is send or allowed to received.  This violates
#     the SSL/TLS standard but is needed for some brain-dead browsers. Use
#     this when you receive I/O errors because of the standard approach
where
#     mod_ssl sends the close notify alert.
#   o ssl-accurate-shutdown:
#     This forces an accurate shutdown when the connection is closed, i.e.
#     SSL close notify alert is send and mod_ssl waits for the close notify
#     alert of the client. This is 100% SSL/TLS standard compliant, but in
#     practice often causes hanging connections with brain-dead browsers.
Use
#     this only for browsers where you know that their SSL implementation
#     works correctly.
#   Notice: Most problems of broken clients are also related to the HTTP
#   keep-alive facility, so you usually additionally want to disable
#   keep-alive for those clients, too. Use variable "nokeepalive" for this.
#
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown

#
# Custom logging
#
CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x
\"%r\" %b"

#
# ab hier Text von MS
#

<VirtualHost www.prot-gemeinde.ch:80>

    ServerName  www.prot-gemeinde.ch
    ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    ErrorLog    logs/prot-gemeinde_error.log
    CustomLog   logs/prot-gemeinde_access.log common

    DocumentRoot D:/WebSpace/ApacheSSL/tomcat/webapps/Prototyp
    DirectoryIndex Formular.htm

    <Directory "D:/WebSpace/ApacheSSL/tomcat/webapps/Prototyp">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
    JkMount /servlet/* ajp13

    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "D:/WebSpace/Prototyp/Version10/cgi-bin/"
    <Directory "D:/WebSpace/Prototyp/Version10/cgi-bin">
        AllowOverride None
        Options None
    </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

---------
<VirtualHost www.snakeoil.dom:443>
---------
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars +ExportCertData
    SSLEngine on
    ServerName  www.snakeoil.dom
    ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    ErrorLog    logs/snake_error.log
    CustomLog   logs/snake_access.log common

    DocumentRoot D:/WebSpace/ApacheSSL/tomcat/webapps/securesite
    <Directory "D:/WebSpace/ApacheSSL/tomcat/webapps/securesite">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
    JkMount /servlet/* ajp13

    <Directory "D:/WebSpace/ApacheSSL/tomcat/webapps/securesite/WEB-INF">
        Options none
        Deny from all
    </Directory>

</VirtualHost>