I modded your code and made it a JSP so it was easy for me.
The following URLs work as expected.  You will need to change /livelink/ms
to whatever webapp you use, I just put it in there cuz it was easy

http://localhost:8080/livelink/ms/foo.jsp
http://localhost:8080/livelink/ms/foo.jsp?cmd=load
http://localhost:8080/livelink/ms/foo.jsp?cmd=load&pg=foo

JSP Below

<HTML>
        <HEAD>
        </HEAD?
        <BODY>
<%
         String cmd = request.getParameter("cmd");

         if (cmd == null || cmd.equals(""))
         {
                                        %>
                                        <H1>Nothing in cmd</H1>
                                        <%

         }
         else if (cmd.equals("load"))
         {
                 String pgName = request.getParameter("pg");

                 if (pgName == null || pgName.equals(""))
                 {
                                                                        %>
                  <h1>page is missing or empty!!!</h1>
                                                                        <%