Hi

I try to get a BLOB from an oracle database and to save it to a file.
>From a small test program everything works fine. When I copy the code
into a servlet I get a strange error from the database at the moment
when I try to read the first byte on the InputStream:

java.io.IOException: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current
operation
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.SQLToIOException(DBError.java)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleBlobInputStream.needBytes(OracleBlobInputStream.java)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleBufferedStream.read(OracleBufferedStream.java)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleBufferedStream.read(OracleBufferedStream.java)
        at lib.download.service(download.java:60)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:597)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:257)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

The JDBC connection works fine for Varchar and other "normal" data from
the database.

I saw in the archive that somebody had a similar problem, but I couldn't
find any answer to the problem.

I use Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0_01)
and Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5.0.0. with the thin
driver(classes111.zip) from oracle.
I use Tomcat 3.1.

Does anybody have an idea about this problem?

ERic