You need to download the source and compile it yourself.  The mod_jk faq
has info on how to do this, but some of it doesn't exactly work (as I found
out today).  Perhaps the best solution is untar the source, change to the
native/apache1.3 directory, rename Makefile.linux to Makefile, set/export
your JAVA_HOME variable to point to your JDK installation (usually
something like /usr/java/jdk1.3) and type make.

Hope this helps!

Eric