I want to be able to use server side includes within Apache to populate
part of an otherwise static HTML page with some dynamically generated
components.  The main reason for this approach is that the JSP and HTML
will be developed and published independently.

I have the web app as the root context, and the html as a directory
specified in an Apache "Alias" directive.

As a test, I have "/html/test.shtml" containing:

    <!--#include virtual="/test.jsp"-->

When this is run, I just get the following inserted, instead of the
expected JSP output:

    Not Found (404)
    Original request: /html/index.shtml
    Not found request: /html/index.shtml

So, for some reason, using a JSP inside an SSI is causing the URI passed
to Tomcat to be the page, rather than the URI specified in the SSI tag.

I am using Tomcat 3.2.1, with Apache 1.3.12 under Windows 2000, using
mod_jserv and ajpv12.

Is there something inherent in Tomcat that would prevent me using Apache
server side includes, or can I cure the fault by using a different
connector?

--
 `O O'  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
// ^ \\ | http://www.pyrites.org.uk/