From: Gearoid Griffin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 11:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tomcat/Apache/Firewalls

I'm trying to get my head around trying to make tomcat as secure as
possible.
Basically I'm unable to get any other ports open in our firewall bar 80.
What I'm trying to do is when a user sends a request to our site (first hes
reversed proxied just to knock out any bizarre strings) then the query gets
sent to apache,( with mod_jk, and tomcat hanging off it.) runs various
servlets (cocoon, xerces,xalan, etc) but sends the response back via port
80? Is this possible? Or do I just have to live with the fact of having
other ports (for tomcat and the ajpmountpoint) open on the router?
Cheers
Gearóid Griffin