Hi Doug,

I had a simial problem when using Tomcat 3.2.1 together with
enhydras xlmc package.
I had to remove parser.jar and jaxp.jar (in TOMCAT_HOME/lib) from the
classpath.
Then tomcat uses the classes from apache for its own xml parsing, and it
worked.
Be careful to specify the jars in the right order in the classpath.

Holger

Doug Ferguson wrote:

> I have figured out that my problem is directly related to Tomcat.
>
> I believe there is a descrepancy with the xml parser that tomcat is
> ant the one that xalan would like to see.
>
> Is there a way to provide a different classpath for the serlvet and/or
> context
> that is different from the classpath that tomcat runs with?
>
> Or does anybody no of any of solution?
>
> PS> Please cc: or respond directly: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Thanks.
> d.

Holger Hartwig
b+m Informatik AG
Tel.: +49 4340 404-0, Fax: +49 4340 404-111
http://www.bmiag.de, mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]