From: Alistair Hopkins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 08 February 2001 14:31
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: HttpSession across virtual hosts

The http // https comparison doesn't work as cookies are sent or not
depending on the host, not on the protocol.

So if I have a valid session_id in a cookie in http, that will still be sent
when I switch to https.

So I can either have a common pool of current cookies if my https server is
seperate from my http server (seems a hard way to do it) or I just access
the software (eg Tomcat) via a webserver (eg apache) through either protocol
and the session continues without complaint.

Unless I did something complicated without noticing, of course...