I agree that the design isn't the greatest (but I've seen much worse ;-). To
do what you want, in FCServlet try something like:

    if(request.getServletPath().endsWith(".jsp")) {
       RequestDispatcher rd = getServletContext().getNamedDispatcher("jsp");
       rd.forward(request, response);
       return;
    }

"Sharon Cohen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I am trying to build FrontController servlet for a web site on Tomcat 4 ,
> after long time of changes on the web.xml file , I wasn't able to achieve
> this pattern,
> the web.xml portion is :
>
> <servlet-mapping>
>       <servlet-name>FCservlet</servlet-name>
>       <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>
>
> my problem start when the FrontController servlet needs to forward the
> request to other jsp pages
> and when he uses the Forward method , the tomcat activate my
FrontController