Hi -

This might help:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/misc.html#compile

and

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/classnotfound.html (especially all of the threads relating to packageless classes)

John

Susanne Munker wrote:

Hello,

I´m a newbie here and please excuse my english....

I have a problem with one application, that works fine under 4.0.6,

but with the 4.1 version of Tomcat I get the following error msg

HTTP Status 500 -
type Exception report
message
it from fulfilling this request.

exception

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac]
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/work/Standalone/localhost/vorfahrt-test/WEB-INF/jsp/InternetAuskunftSuche01_jsp.java:7:
 package de.akdb.ok.vorfahrt does not exist
    [javac] import de.akdb.ok.vorfahrt.*;
    [javac] ^
    [javac] 1 error
~

My Tomcat Installation (4.1.24) works fine with all examples. Perhaps
someone knows about the problem...

thank you and kindly regards
Susanne Munker