Yes, I think it does matter if the sessions are still open. Because, if the
server is only down for 1 minute or so, a logged-in user gets the same
session again, after the server is up again. But the sessiontracker is new
without any sessions. In my case I just put the whole session-object into a
list in my sessiontracker to be able to access session-attributes.
So I would have to manually save the sessions in the list on server shutdown
and reload them afterwards?

Thanks for your fast answer,
 Philipp